Problem Child Lyrics by brakence
[Verse 1]
It's blood red, the lunar rhythm ripped this tide
A warhead went missin' back in '59
It's somewhere sittin' on the ocean floor (Yeah)
The air so heavy that the birds won't fly
I strike my matches, couldn't get no light
A man has got no manners for his own
[Pre-Chorus]
Since the day that I was born
I been strayin' from the Lord
With the way the waves are crashin' at my door
And it's got me sayin'
[Chorus]
"Mother, please forgive me, take me home
I lost it the day I stole the diamonds out your drawer"
She said, "You think you're movin' clevеr?
No, darling, you could never"
That's not how this conversation's gonna go
Don't say I ain't told you so (Uh)
Don't say I ain't told you so
[Verse 2]
I Lost all touch and both my hands got tiеd
So, I'll chase a scapegoat to kill some time
This purple rain pours through the ozone hole
(Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, hold on) Uh
The problem child of Mother Nature, who puts it off 'til later?
Nearly deaf to the sound of my breath, I swallow whole
[Pre-Chorus]
Since the day that I was born
I been strayin' from the Lord
With the way the waves are crashin' at my door
And it's got me sayin'
[Chorus]
"Mother, please forgive me, take me home
I lost it the day I stole the diamonds out your drawer"
She said, "You think you're movin' clever?
No, darling, you could never"
That's not how this conversation's gonna go
Don't say I ain't told you so (Uh)
Don't say I ain't told you so
[Bridge]
No, mama, don't cut me slack
I know, I can't take it back
But I beg you, don't hang up the phone
I've fallen off the beaten path
I know I got a knack for that
But please, just pull my fingers off my throat
[Chorus]
"Mother, please forgive me, take me home
I've had enough, I can no longer fight this war"
She said, "You think I'll kiss it better?
No, darling, I could never"
That's not how this conversation's gonna go
Don't say I ain't told you so (Mm)
Don't say I ain't told you so, no, no
