Math Of Us Lyrics by Patrick Droney Ft. Kelsea Ballerini
[Verse 1]
Time is a cup of sugar borrowed
Today’s a memory come tomorrow
Sun comes up like a spotlight on the stage
Live to see another day
Love is a complicated notion
Is it a curse? Is it a potion?
I love you as long as rivers flow
But I got cards that I don’t show
[Chorus]
Maybe I’m scared of us, doing the math of us
Every year’s adding up to less and less time
The worst of the math I do
Is what’s my world minus you?
If you’re what it’s equal to
It hurts every time
[Verse 2]
All I’m really saying
This game the universe is playing
Smiled down when I think about the odds
I don’t sleep a lot, no I can’t sleep a lot
[Chorus]
Maybe I’m scared of us, doing the math of us
Every year’s adding up to less and less time
The worst of the math I do
Is what’s my world minus you?
If you’re what it’s equal to
It hurts every time
[Bridge]
I miss you when you’re right next to me
I kiss you when you lean into me
Everything is temporary
[Outro]
Maybe that’s why I’m scared of us, doing the math of us
Every year’s adding up
To less and less time
